Doctor Connect App
Once you have installed the app on your smartphone or tablet – you are able to view your patients’ live data, including: admission details, procedures booked, allergy details, and contact details. Additionally, you can access pathology and radiology results for tests ordered during your patient’s hospital visit.
Downloading the app
Apple / Android
- Select the App Store (Apple) or Play Store (android devices) icon on your device
- Select Search and type in the (St John of God Health Care Doctor Connect)
- Select the app, select Install to download and install the app (please note: When you download the app you will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions)
- Once the install has completed select the icon to open the app
If you already log on to the St John of God Health Care network you will use the same username and password for this application.
If you do not know your user name or St John of God Health Care password, or for general troubleshooting relating to the app please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone IT Service Desk on (08) 9382 6800 (8.00am to 5.30pm WST)
Use your username and password to logon to the network for the first time.
Select sign in.
You will then be prompted to setup your PIN. (Face ID and Touch ID are temporarily not available to use to log in at this time).
Setting up a passcode
Where your device asks for a passcode to be entered:
- Enter a four digit PIN code and select the 'tick' icon to confirm
- Re-enter your four digit PIN code and select the 'tick' icon to reconfirm
- Select 'continue' to enter the app.
The next time you log on you will be prompted for you PIN code.
If you have forgotten your PIN select FORGOT YOUR PIN CODE?
You will be asked for your network username and password and then prompted to setup your PIN again.
- View expected admissions, current inpatients, discharged patients and patients in emergency
- Search for patients, create and save refined search lists
- When you click on a record you can view patient information including allergies and alerts, test results and contact details
- View pathology and radiology results ordered during the patient's stay (see our FAQs for current provider list)
- Acknowledge a result and add a comment
- View current theatre bookings using day/week display options
- Change your four digit PIN
- Select this icon to logout (note: the app will automatically time out after 10 minutes of inactivity)
- Watch this space for additional functionality coming in later releases
After correctly entering your login details, you are taken to your default patients list. This screen provides you with real time access to the hospital's patient administration system for patients who are admitted under your care.
If the clinical situation requires you to access patient information for patients who are not admitted under your care in the hospital's patient administration system, you can search for a patient by URN or name using the magnifying glass icon. When you click on the patient's record you will be asked to accept a message confirming that you have a legitimate clinical reason to access the record.
Patients are grouped according to expected admissions, current inpatients, discharged patients and patients in emergency.
Filtering your patient list
- Select the edit function
- Select refine list
- Choose which filter/s you want to apply - you can select more than one
- Save your filtered list by using the slider and entering a name
- Select update list to save your changes
- Saved searches can be accessed via the edit icon
Make a default list
To make a patient list appear as your default view, select the 'make default slider'.
You can use the Details, Results and Contacts tabs to view detailed patient information.
This screen allows you to view the patient's pathology and radiology results for the record you are in. See results heading below for more information.
Please note: pathology and radiology results will display only for those results ordered during a patient's stay. This app does not update the pathology and radiology systems that you currently use to view results.
The Contacts menu item displays patient content information including:
- Patient's phone number and address
- Patient's GP details
You can make direct calls from the app by selecting the phone icon next to the contact number.
The Results icon provides you with a summarised view of all results ordered during the patient’s stay for all patients assigned to you. The screen defaults to display unread results with additional filters to display abnormal, urgent, read or all results. See our FAQs for the list of current providers.
Any new results will be indicated on the Results icon. Notifications for results are only flagged within the app.
Results are defaulted to 7 days. This can be changed by using the filter button, which is accessible by scrolling to the right of the results screen menu.
Pathology results are listed by in reverse chronological order. Abnormal results are flagged with the ! icon.
Results can be filtered and customised by:
- time period
- order type
- test type
- test group
Acknowledging a patient result
To acknowledge a result drag the acknowledge slider at the bottom of the screen to acknowledge viewing the result.
Results that have been viewed display with a grey background, results that have not been viewed have a white background.
Please note: this app does not update the pathology and radiology systems that you currently use to view results.
The Theatre menu item displays patient bookings listed in various sessions (AM, PM, evening and all day).
Theatre booking data is refreshed every five minutes for bookings within the next 7 days and hourly for bookings between 7 and 28 days.
Bookings are displayed for a day by default with the option to view the bookings for the whole week.
When you look at the daily view of theatre bookings you can see patient details, procedure and anaesthetist.
Anaesthetists can use this view to directly access patient records that they are assigned to.
The Settings menu item allows you to view application details.
How to reset your PIN
- Click the Settings icon
- Select change PIN code
- Follow the prompts on your phone to reset your PIN
Notifications for test results and other items within the app are not available outside of the app (i.e. they are not shown on your phone's home screen).
To log out:
- Select the More icon
- Log out of the app. Note: the app will automatically time out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
If you do not know your user name or St John of God Health Care password, or for general troubleshooting relating to the app please email email@example.com or phone IT Service Desk on (08) 9382 6800 (Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm WST).
For which hospitals can I see patient data?
Subiaco, Murdoch, Mt Lawley, Ballarat, Bendigo, Berwick and Geelong
Which pathology and radiology providers can I see test results for?
Which radiology providers can I see test images for?
Can I use the app on my desktop computer?
No. The app is designed for your mobile phone or tablet so you can access patient information when you need it at your practice, on the wards, in theatre or even at home.
What devices are certified for support with this app?
iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.1.4)
iPhone XS (iOS 12.1.4)
iPhone XR (iOS 12.1.4)
iPhone X (iOS 12.1.4)
iPhone 8 plus (iOS 12.1.4)
iPhone 8 (iOS 12.1.4)
iPad Air 2 (iOS 12.1.4)
Samsung Galaxy S8 (OS 9.0.0)
Samsung Galaxy S7 (OS 8.0.0)
Samsung Galaxy A5 (OS 8.0.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (OS 8.0.0)
Google Pixel-XL (OS 8.0.0)
Google Pixel (OS 8.0.0)
NB. Other devices and Operating System's not listed here may also be compatible.
Can I logon from multiple devices?
Yes, however please note that you will be automatically logged out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
How is patient data protected?