- Working with us
Joining our volunteer team is an opportunity to be a part of the St John of God Subiaco Hospital community.
Volunteers have been a part of St John of God Subiaco Hospital for over 35 years. Volunteers undertake various roles around our hospital and participate in companion and patient experience programs, supporting our patients and fellow caregivers.
We interview all our volunteers to enable us to match your skills, interests and abilities to one of our roles so we can offer you a rewarding volunteer experience.
To apply for a volunteer role you must be willing to participate in our volunteer application and screening process.
Volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18 years.
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Undergo reference checks.
- Give authorisation for a National Volunteer Police Clearance.
- Complete an immunisation screening through our Infection Control team.
- Working With Child Check (select roles only)
To demonstrate your commitment to the volunteer program, volunteers are required to:
- Commit to the program for a minimum of 12 months.
- Attend our Hospital Orientation program prior to commencing a volunteer role.
- Complete annual online volunteer training.
If you would like to apply to join the volunteer program at St John of God Subiaco Hospital, please email [email protected]. You will be sent a link to our volunteer portal, where you will be able to submit a volunteer application online.
If you have any further queries, you can contact the Coordinator of Volunteer Services.
Phone: 08 9382 6706
Email: [email protected]
Please note, volunteer applications will only be accepted through the online portal.
You may be interested in...