- Working with us
Joining our volunteer team is an opportunity to be a part of the St John of God Subiaco Hospital community.
Volunteers have been a part of St John of God Subiaco Hospital for over 35 years. Volunteers undertake various roles around our hospital and participate in companion and patient experience programs, supporting our patients and fellow caregivers.
We interview all our volunteers to enable us to match your skills, interests and abilities to one of our roles so we can offer you a rewarding volunteer experience.
To apply for a volunteer role you must be willing to participate in our volunteer application and screening process.
Volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18 years.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Undergo reference checks.
- Give authorisation for a National Volunteer Police Clearance.
- Complete an immunisation screening through our Infection Control team.
- Working With Child Check (select roles only)
To demonstrate your commitment to the volunteer program, volunteers are required to:
- Commit to the program for a minimum of 12 months.
- Attend our Hospital Orientation program prior to commencing a volunteer role.
- Complete annual online volunteer training.
If you would like to apply to join the volunteer program at St John of God Subiaco Hospital, please submit an online application.
Apply to join the volunteer program.
Find further information about our volunteer opportunities, including role descriptions.
If you have any queries about the application process you can email [email protected] and we will assist you with your query.
Please note, volunteer applications will only be accepted through the online portal.
You may be interested in...