St John of God Subiaco Hospital redevelopment
Following extensive planning and community and stakeholder consultation, a major redevelopment of St John of God Subiaco Hospital has been approved by St John of God Health Care’s Board.
The redevelopment is the biggest in our hospital’s history and will add a new private emergency department, a mother and baby unit, a virtual care hub, and a purpose-built pandemic ward to care for patients when outbreaks of highly infectious diseases such as COVID-19 occur.
In addition to expanding our hospital’s range of services through the introduction of new facilities, technology and equipment, the redevelopment will dramatically enhance the patient experience.
It will also advance our hospital’s position as a leading provider of private hospital services by creating a state-of-the-art facility designed and equipped to meet the health needs of our community now and into the future.
The Local Development Plan lodged with the Town of Cambridge has been approved and we are now progressing our Development Application (DA).
- A new eight storey 260 bed clinical block at centre piece of the Redevelopment.
- The clinical block will include a new 24/7 Emergency Department, offering patients a boutique experience and rapid access to clinical care.
- It will also feature a dedicated Mother and Baby Unit, including a new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, new emergency obstetric operating theatre, 10 birth suites, and large patient rooms on the pre and post-natal wards.
- The lower floors will have a dedicated Heart Centre, bringing together cardiac intervention services, a new coronary care unit, cardiology beds and a hybrid theatre in the new theatre complex.
- Australia's first purpose-built pandemic ward to care for patients when outbreaks occur.
- A virtual care 'telehealth' hub to enable remote monitoring of patients in hospital, at home and potentially, at other St John of God Health Care hospitals.
- Six new operating theatres equipped with the latest technology.
- 150 additional single patient rooms.
- Kitchen upgrades to allow A la carte room service across the entire hospital.
- New hospital Chapel.
- Additional two levels of visitor car parking on the existing multi-storey car park.
- New Education and Research Centre, Medical Suites, retail facilities and Site Engineering Plant.
- Upgraded hospital entrance and dedicated open spaces.
- Additional lifts to improve movement across the hospital for staff, patients and visitors.
- Upgraded Sterilisation Services Department.
- Upgraded Perioperative Services.
Our hospital's redevelopment will be undertaken across four stages. The initial stage includes:
- Construction of a temporary caregiver car park to reduce the impact to visitor parking
- Upgrade of the hospital's existing kitchen, to allow hospital-wide a la carte room service
- Construction of a purpose built pandemic ward to care for patients when outbreaks occur
- New lifts to improve movement across the hospital for our patients, visitors, caregivers and doctors
- Expansion of the existing Sterilisation Services Department
Every effort will be made to ensure that our patients and the wider local community are not disturbed by the works.
- Redevelopment update - January 2022
- Redevelopment update - August 2021
- Redevelopment update - June 2021
- Redevelopment update - April 2021
- Redevelopment update - February 2021
- Redevelopment update - January 2021
- Redevelopment update - December 2020
- Redevelopment update - November 2020
To subscribe to our Redevelopment Update, please click here.
- Construction of State's first private Pandemic Ward starts at St John of God Subiaco Hospital - 5 April 2022
- First concrete pour marks redevelopment milestone - 5 April 2022
- Introducing St John of God Subiaco Hospital’s new crane, Hope - 1 April 2022
- Traditional Aboriginal Smoking Ceremony celebrates planned redevelopment works - 23 December 2021
- Upcoming expansion of St John of God Subiaco Hospital’s kitchen celebrated - 23 December 2021
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital expands onsite parking facilities - 13 December 2021
- Major redevelopment of St John of God Subiaco Hospital gets the green light - 23 August 2021
- The Rise of Private ED's - Medical Forum - 6 April 2021
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital moves closer to major redevelopment and expansion - 21 September 2020
You may be interested in...