St John of God Subiaco Hospital redevelopment
Following extensive planning and community and stakeholder consultation, a major redevelopment of St John of God Subiaco Hospital has been approved by St John of God Health Care’s Board.
The redevelopment is the biggest in our hospital’s history and will add a new eight storey clinical block featuring a mother and baby unit, heart centre and six new operating theatres.
In addition to expanding our hospital’s range of services through the introduction of new facilities, technology and equipment, the redevelopment will dramatically enhance the patient experience.
It will also advance our hospital’s position as a leading provider of private hospital services by creating a state-of-the-art facility designed and equipped to meet the health needs of our community now and into the future.
The Local Development Plan lodged with the Town of Cambridge has been approved and we are now progressing our Development Application (DA).
- New eight storey clinical block featuring:
o Mother and baby unit
o Heart centre
o Six operating theatres
- Kitchen upgrades to allow hospital-wide a la carte room service
- Purpose built isolation ward
- Telehealth and virtual care hub to help patients feel supported post-discharge
- Additional parking
- New chapel and site energy plant
- Upgraded hospital entrance and new open spaces
- Upgraded sterilisation services department
Our hospital's redevelopment will be undertaken across four stages. The initial stage includes:
- Construction of a temporary caregiver car park to reduce the impact to visitor parking
- Upgrade of the hospital's existing kitchen, to allow hospital-wide a la carte room service
- Construction of a purpose built pandemic ward to care for patients when outbreaks occur
- New lifts to improve movement across the hospital for our patients, visitors, caregivers and doctors
- Expansion of the existing Sterilisation Services Department
Every effort will be made to ensure that our patients and the wider local community are not disturbed by the works.
- Redevelopment update - January 2022
- Redevelopment update - August 2021
- Redevelopment update - June 2021
- Redevelopment update - April 2021
- Redevelopment update - February 2021
- Redevelopment update - January 2021
- Redevelopment update - December 2020
- Redevelopment update - November 2020
To subscribe to our Redevelopment Update, please click here.
- St John of God Subiaco Hospitals proposed redevelopment open for public comment - 24 November 2022
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital’s room service menu will soon be available to all patients hospital-wide - 14 October 2022
- Construction of State's first private Pandemic Ward starts at St John of God Subiaco Hospital - 5 April 2022
- First concrete pour marks redevelopment milestone - 5 April 2022
- Introducing St John of God Subiaco Hospital’s new crane, Hope - 1 April 2022
- Traditional Aboriginal Smoking Ceremony celebrates planned redevelopment works - 23 December 2021
- Upcoming expansion of St John of God Subiaco Hospital’s kitchen celebrated - 23 December 2021
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital expands onsite parking facilities - 13 December 2021
- Major redevelopment of St John of God Subiaco Hospital gets the green light - 23 August 2021
- The Rise of Private ED's - Medical Forum - 6 April 2021
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital moves closer to major redevelopment and expansion - 21 September 2020
If you would like more information about the Redevelopment, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
Alternatively, please contact the Redevelopment Team via [email protected]
You may be interested in...