- Our services
- Medical and surgical
- Chest Pain Service
Chest Pain Service
If you are experiencing chest pain or any of the following symptoms it is important to seek medical attention immediately by calling 000:
- chest tightness, pain or discomfort
- discomfort in your arms, shoulders or neck on exertion
- worsening of pre-existing chest pain; tightness or discomfort
- worsening shortness of breath, which is not explained by a pre-existing breathing problem.
- fainting or collapse (syncope).
Services and facilities
The Chest Pain Service at St John of God Subiaco Hospital provides emergency cardiac care using state-of-the-art diagnostic, investigative and treatment facilities with around the clock support from experienced cardiologists, doctors and nursing staff.
We provide care if you are experiencing:
- chest pain (angina)
- heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- abnormal heart beat (arrhythmia)
- undiagnosed conditions resulting in chest pain symptoms.
The service includes an acute admission and assessment area, Coronary Care Unit, non-invasive cardiac investigation facilities or through the on-site Cardiac Catheter Laboratory.
Services are available for patients with private health insurance, patients without insurance are advised to attend a public hospital Emergency Department.
How to access the 24-hour chest pain service
- Patients and families: if you or a family member experience chest pain, call St John Ambulance on 000 and ask to be taken to the Chest Pain Centre at St John of God Subiaco Hospital.
- GPs: phone 0411 707 017 for a direct consultation.
You may be interested in