- For medical professionals
- Junior doctor program
Junior doctor program
Our innovative junior doctor program offers personalised teaching and training by senior specialists in a world-class tertiary hospital.
In addition to general medical and surgical junior doctor positions, we offer the following specialised programs:
SMART - Surgically Mentored Applied Practice, Research and Training
- Our surgical stream offers targeted experience to optimise your potential as an applicant for surgical training.
VIPER - Vocational Introductory Physician Experience Rotation
- Our VIPER medical stream offers a multifaceted, consultant-led start aimed at preparing you for application to Basic Physician Training.
BPT - Basic Physician Training
- As part of the statewide BPT program, our medical stream offers a varied and targeted training program led by consultants preparing you for your physician career.
Our junior doctor program also includes access to supervised research opportunities designed for peer publication and leadership development.
Prevocational education program
Doctors in training learn from, and build relationships with, Perth’s leading specialist physicians and surgeons. You can:
- Rotate across multiple and varied medical and surgical units
- Attend structured weekly medical education sessions including bedside consults (ward rounds), case studies, grand rounds, and cardiology, surgical and medical tutorials
- Benefit from career guidance from an experienced Medical Services directorate
- Take part in community engagement experiences through voluntary participation in service outreach programs.
If you are excited about launching your career at St John of God Subiaco Hospital contact:
Medical Teaching Unit
Tel: (08) 9382 6048