- Working with us
- Join us
- Employee benefits
Aside from offering competitive remuneration, a safe, healthy and diverse work environment, and an organisation filled with people keen to contribute to the health and wellbeing of others, we also offer:
Salary packaging – reducing the amount of tax you pay
We offer salary packaging to all our full time, part time and eligible casual caregivers – that includes up to $18,550 per year on mortgage and other expenses.
As a not-for-profit health care organisation, our caregivers have access to Maxxia Salary Packaging that can help reduce income tax by allowing you to pay for certain expenses with pre-tax money.
You may be eligible to salary package:
- up to $15,900 of expenses such as mortgage and rent, or other everyday living including groceries, fuel and school fees
- up to $2,650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- novated leasing, for a car and associated expenses.
Bonuses and allowances
Eligible roles may be entitled to bonuses and allowances* such as:
- referral and retention bonus programs
- allowances to achieve postgraduate qualifications in relevant fields.
*Subject to meeting criteria.
Any candidate who applies for an approved position from outside of Australia may be eligible for our unique and competitive overseas relocation support*, including:
- assistance with Australian work visas with progression to permanent residency (where applicable)
- a personalised meet and greet and support from a relocation specialist to assist with housing, school tours, temporary accommodation, taxation, banking and settling in
- up to $10,000 financial relocation assistance for eligible items such as visa fees, flights, quarantine or shipping.
*Maximum benefits and eligibility criteria applies.
Find out more about joining us from overseas.
St John of God Health Care has partnered with the following financial service providers to offer our caregivers financial programs and discounts.
Westpac and Regional Brands (RRB) including Bank of Melbourne, Bank SA and St George Corporate Program
- Home loan offers and discounts on selected financial products and fees.
- Financial health check sessions for caregivers.
HESTA – the industry fund for health and community services in Australia.
- HESTA has a partnership with St John of God Health Care to offer caregivers a choice of programs on a range of financial topics.
- Superannuation Service Advisers (SSA's) are also available to provide free, personally tailored financial advice to HESTA members.
Flexible work options
St John of God Health care supports flexible work options*. We know that flexibility comes in many forms, and different arrangements will suit different workplaces and individuals. This might include:
- role flexibility, such as job-sharing
- time flexibility, such rostering or start and finish time arrangements
- working from hybrid or multiple locations
- an option to purchase up to two weeks’ additional annual leave
- up to 14 weeks paid parental leave (varies by state/location)
- paid partner leave
- community support leave that encourages eligible caregivers to volunteer their expertise by participating in social justice causes
- blood donor leave that supports eligible caregivers to donate blood (Victoria).
*Flexible work and leave arrangements may vary across and within hospitals/services according to particular work service requirements and work demands.
Employee assistance program
We partner with Converge International to provide employee assistance to our caregivers and their immediate family members. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers you free confidential support for a wide-range of concerns and gives you access to independent qualified professionals, including psychologists, social workers and management coaches.
Health and wellness
St John of God Health Care programs and health services
We offer all eligible caregivers:
- discounts on St John of God Health Care hospital and medical services for caregivers, their spouses and their dependents
- free annual influenza vaccination programs
- free wellness programs.
Discounted radiology services
- Discounts are offered on radiology services at WA hospitals.
Discounted health insurance
St John of God Health Care partners with the following health insurance providers to offer our caregivers discounts on hospitals and extras cover:
Discounted fitness membership
Goodlife Health Clubs
- Discounts are offered on memberships at clubs located nationally.
Training and development
We offer training, professional development and qualification allowances for our caregivers. With a range of development opportunities, interactive online programs, accredited courses and clinical postgraduate pathways, we support education as a critical aspect of excellence in care.
Our caregivers have access to a range of resources and programs to support their development.
- Continuous professional development via our online learning management system.
- Access to Mind Tools, where a range of resources are available for self-directed and self-paced learning.
- Supported development, mentoring programs and leadership programs for new and emerging leaders, including coaching with external International Coaching Federation (ICF) accredited coaches.
Graduate and formal study programs
- Caregivers in graduate positions are supported with comprehensive programs to set them up on a course for success as they start their careers.
- Caregivers are supported to complete training, certifications and postgraduate studies relevant to their specialty areas.
- Our scholarship programs support career pathway and development opportunities, and recognise caregivers who demonstrate our organisation's Vision, Mission and Values.
We’ve partnered with Maxxia Rewards and providers across Australia so that our caregivers can enjoy discounts and rewards as they shop, travel and enjoy life.
Access to the Maxxia Rewards online platform gives our caregivers discounts at hundreds of retail outlets, attractions, and restaurants across Australia, including:
- entertainment – such as cinema tickets, theatre, experiences and theme parks
- shopping – including grocery, department, retail and sporting goods stores.
Travel and accommodation
Travel providers offer our caregivers discounts on accommodation, tours, car hire, and corporate memberships, including BMW and QANTAS.
As well as having access to St John of God Health Care benefits, many of our locations across Australia provide caregivers with additional local offerings. This might include travel allowances and parking, access to recreation facilities, or food and cafe discounts.
Learn more about our locations across Australia.
You may be interested in