Whether it's for knees, hips, hands, arms, legs or back, our orthopaedic services provide care from pre-surgery through to rehabilitation to get you moving.
Orthopaedic surgery treats conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system: bones, joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
You may need care to get you moving after sporting injuries such as broken bones or ligament repair, or to reduce pain in your joints caused by wear and tear over time such as hip and knee replacements.
Orthopaedic care includes services for:
- knee and hip disorders and ligament reconstructions
- shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand problems
- joint replacements and reconstructions for hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, foot and ankle
- foot and ankle disorders
- sports-related injury management
- spinal injuries
- paediatric orthopaedics.
Our highly skilled surgeons and caregivers use the latest techniques and equipment to improve your movement and ability to participate in activities you enjoy.
We provide care from evaluation and management, through to surgery and rehabilitation to help you return to your daily activities as quickly as possible.
Benefits of our orthopaedic surgery services
Advantages of our orthopaedic surgery services:
- all your orthopaedic care needs from evaluation to rehabilitation
- access to a multidisciplinary team, including leading orthopaedic surgeons
- efficient and up-to-date theatres
- forward thinking orthopaedic developments in research, and development.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary before and after care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether surgery is suitable for you.
Providing exceptional orthopaedic services
Find your nearest St John of God Health Care hospital where we provide orthopaedic surgery by browsing our hospitals below.
You may be interested in