- Our research units
- Thoracic research at Subiaco
Our research extends across respiratory and thoracic oncology, spanning primary lung malignancy, interstitial lung disease, mesothelioma, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary thromboembolic disease, respiratory complications of connective tissue disorders and respiratory issues in bariatric surgery.
Respiratory Medicine, Lung Cancer, Oncology
The St John of God Subiaco Hospital Thoracic Research Group is the largest respiratory and respiratory oncology research group in Western Australia’s private health sector.
The group was established to advance research and clinical excellence in respiratory medicine and cancer related pathologies. The group has broad interests across the respiratory and thoracic oncology landscape, including primary lung malignancy, mesothelioma, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary thromboembolic disease, respiratory complications of connective tissue disorders and interstitial lung disease.
Professor Eli Gabbay
Dr Tim Clay
Bendat Research Fellows
Dr Amy Rolston
1. Craven, P., Daly, C., Sikotra, N., Clay, T., & Gabbay, E. (2020) Dilemmas in anticoagulation and use of Inferior Vena Cava Filters (IVCFs) in Venous Thrombo-Embolism (VTE); a survey of Respiratory Physicians, Haematologists and Medical Oncologists. Pulmonary Circulation, doi.org/10.1177/2045894020953841
2. Ong Y. J., Sikotra, N., Bailey, N., Hadfield, J., Smith, R., Skiba, R., Arellano, A., Gabby, E., & Clay, T. (2021) A reaudit of the management of Febrile Neutropenia in a private oncology setting following the implementation of strategies to improve time to antibiotics. Journal of clinical evaluation in Practice [Submitted for publication].
3. Picard, S., Goh, D., Tan, A., Sikotra, N., Gabbay, E., & Clay, T. (2021). Patterns of immunotherapy-induced pneumonitis in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: a case series. Journal of medical case reports, 15(1), 332. doi.org/10.1186/s13256-021-02926-y
4. McClean, A., Clay, T., O’Halloran, L. Cutaneous hypopigmentation due to Sunitinib therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinoma [Being prepared to be submitted for publication].
5. Skiba, R., Sikotra, N., Wilson, A., Clay, T., & Gabbay E. (2020) Doctors understanding of consent law. Internal Medicine Journal. doi.org/10.1111/imj.14873.
You may be interested in