For medical professionals
St John of God Bunbury Hospital is a 145-bed private hospital offering a range of medical and surgical services to communities in the south west.
We encourage local and visiting doctors to provide services at our hospital, to maintain and improve health services available to the region.
All medical practitioners admitting patients, consulting or operating on patients at our hospital must be accredited and hold clinical privileges.
Information on the application process can be obtained from:
Lizzie Gaffney – Credentialing Officer
Email: [email protected]
Applications for credentialing should be accompanied by copies of:
- your primary degree
- details of specialist recognition (where relevant)
- receipt of payment of current professional registration
- receipt of payment and certificate of currency of current indemnity cover
- resume including two written referees
- current national police clearance
- current working with children check.
All practitioners seeking accreditation must nominate one emergency back-up. This practitioner must be:
- of the same specialist group
- an accredited practitioner at St John of God Health Care
- currently reside and practice in Bunbury while they have inpatients at the hospital.
Subject to initial review, the Chief Executive Officer may grant a three month provisional accreditation status.
Our Scope of Practice Committee meets monthly to consider the scope of practice and recommendations of accreditation. If approved, accreditation may be granted for periods of up to three years.
The hospital’s Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Williams is the primary point of contact for any queries regarding accreditation or medical and surgical specialties at St John of God Bunbury Hospital and can be contacted through Executive Assistant, Ann Silver on (08) 9722 1621.
By-laws for health professionals
The St John of God Health Care By-laws set out the terms and conditions which medical professionals must comply with to seek accreditation to admit and care for patients at our hospital.