Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Plastic surgery has two main components, reconstructive and aesthetic (cosmetic).
Reconstructive plastic surgery covers reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, tumours and other diseases.
Aesthetic surgery can improve the appearance of any part of the body, but specifically includes eyelids, nose, breasts, ears and facial surgery.
Our plastic and reconstructive surgeons provide the full spectrum of reconstructive and cosmetic services for adults and children. We provide holistic care which considers your physical, emotional and psychological needs and our caregivers are available to answer any questions.
We offer treatment in many areas of plastic and reconstructive surgery, including:
- skin cancer which involves excision of benign and malignant conditions and reconstruction using skin grafts and flaps
- hand surgery following injury and for Dupuytren’s contracture, carpal tunnel and other disorders including arthritis
- surgery for congenital disorders, especially for deformities of the face, ears and hands
- complex and chronic wound management
- revision of scars.
- breast reconstruction after mastectomy including microsurgery
- breast aesthetic surgery including breast reduction, uplift and augmentation
- abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- surgery for obesity after weight loss
- facial cosmetic surgery including upper and lower eyelid surgery, facelift, rhinoplasty, brow lift and prominent ears.
Many of these procedures can be performed as day surgery or overnight as required.
You may be interested in...