As a volunteer, you can make a difference not only for others but also for yourself. St John of God Health Care offers a vibrant and rewarding place to volunteer.
As a volunteer you contribute to the health and wellbeing of our people – those who come to our services for healing and those who work with us.
Volunteers are valued members of our caregiving team. Your commitment, dependability and desire to be of service to our patients, clients, their families and visitors is invaluable to our organisation.
Offering your time, skills and experience to support our Vision, Mission and Values, you help ensure our facilities are places where all those who come to them experience genuine hospitality and outstanding whole person care.
Volunteering opportunities are as many and varied as the people who offer their time and expertise. We work with you to provide roles that are meaningful and suited to your talents and experience. Roles at one of our facilities may include:
- companionship for patients
- welcoming and escorting patients, clients and visitors
- supporting our administrative caregivers.
Benefits of volunteering
As a volunteer, you have your own volunteering story and experience.
The most common feedback we receive is that volunteering:
- offers a rewarding opportunity to help people in need and make a difference
- enables a stronger sense of connection to the local community
- enhances self-esteem, confidence and skills from being part of a working environment
- provides the chance to socialise and interact with other volunteers / caregivers.
How to get involved
Contact your local St John of God Health Care facility to find out how you can get involved as a volunteer. We would love to hear from you and have you join one of our volunteering teams.
You may be interested in