- For medical professionals
In order to admit, treat and/or operate on patients at St John of God Health Care all medical, dental and allied health practitioners must have their credentials reviewed and a specific scope of practice defined by the relevant hospital.
Practitioners interested in applying are encouraged to contact the relevant hospital for more information.
Benefits of working at St John of God Health Care
We offer a range of services and opportunities for specialists accredited to work at St John of God Health Care which may include:
- access to a wide range of onsite services
- state-of-the-art diagnostic, surgical and procedural technology
- priority access to private consulting offices on site
- information systems providing real-time data such as theatre booking information and pathology results
- access to education opportunities across a variety of specialties
- research opportunities
- opportunities to be involved in regular RACGP accredited GP education events
- feature on find a specialist
- profiling through newsletters, publications and media
- opportunities to contribute to St John of God Health Care publications
- discount food, beverages and dedicated break out spaces.
Code of Conduct
A Code of Conduct applies for all accredited practitioners and service providers. Please contact the relevant hospital for a copy.
By-laws for Health Professionals
St John of God Health Care has By-laws for Health Professionals.
The purpose of these By-laws is to:
- establish the principles applying to the accreditation of practitioners to St John of God Health Care
- govern the relationship of St John of God Health Care with its accredited practitioners
- set out rules for the conduct of accredited practitioners across St John of God Health Care's services
- provide for the establishment of structures within the divisions of St John of God Health Care which are necessary for the delivery of quality care to patients
- outline our requirements of accredited practitioners in relation to the safety and the quality of care of patients.