Many of these diseases are disorders of the immune system and many can be difficult to diagnose and treat.
Disorders may include:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- psoriatic arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis
- septic arthritis
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- low back pain.
We take a holistic approach to your care to support your emotional and psychological wellbeing to help reduce the effect your condition has on your everyday life.
Our rheumatology services
We bring together a multidisciplinary team to diagnose and treat rheumatic conditions and other autoimmune disorders.
We work in close collaboration with both surgical and medical departments with support from allied health practitioners to help manage your condition.
Your general practitioner (GP) or specialist can refer you to our rheumatology services.
Depending on your condition, you may be admitted to hospital or referred to one of our specialist outpatient clinics.
Benefits of our rheumatology service
Our rheumatology services can assist and benefit you in a number of ways:
- diagnosis and treatment of your rheumatic condition in a compassionate and professional manner.
- pain management, including back and neck pain
- a holistic approach to care that includes patient education and access to allied health professionals
- strategies to better cope with fatigue, anxiety, depression and issues related to your illness
- a focus on improving your overall quality of life.
You may be interested in