- Emergency Department
- Medical and surgical
- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic pain management
- Exercise physiology
- Falls prevention and balance
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Parkinson's disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Community and youth
- Healthcare at Home
Clinical and laboratory haematology is the diagnosis and management of diseases of the blood, and organs that produce blood, including the spleen, bone marrow and other lymphoid tissue such as lymph nodes.
Your general practitioner (GP) may refer you to one of our haematologists, or you may be referred by another specialist.
Our haematologists work in consultation with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate your diagnosis and treatment and encourage you to participate in choosing the care that is right for you.
Our haematology services
Our haematology services include a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals including specialists, nurses and allied health practitioners who diagnose and treat disorders and diseases of the blood.
We offer evidence-based and patient-centred care which focuses on your quality of life.
Our clinical haematologists are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of malignant (cancerous) and non-malignant blood conditions, including:
- lymphoma (Non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphoma)
- acute and chronic leukaemia
- myeloproliferative disorders
- clotting (deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism)
- bleeding problems (such as von Willebrand disease and haemophilia)
- low blood counts.
Benefits of our haematology services
Our haematology services can assist and benefit you in a number of ways by providing:
- expert diagnosis and treatment of your blood disease, including less common conditions
- a holistic approach to care that includes access to allied healthcare professionals
- day and inpatient services for cancer patients in a relaxed setting
- access to specialised caregivers who provide care with understanding and empathy
- a focus on your emotional wellbeing and quality of life.
You may be interested in...