- Our services
- Medical and surgical
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery generally includes dento-alveolar surgery which can include the surgical removal of wisdom teeth, dental implant surgery, the treatment of oral infections and oral pathology, corrective surgery for craniofacial disorders and surgery for facial trauma.
We are here to help you prepare for and recover from your procedure or surgery. We support your physical and emotional wellbeing so you can return to good health as quickly as possible.
Our oral and maxillofacial service includes highly qualified oral and maxillofacial surgeons who are dual qualified in medicine and dentistry, dentists, dental nurses and allied health professionals who work together, assisted by the latest technology, to ensure your surgery has the best outcome.
We are experienced at treating:
- impacted teeth and wisdom teeth
- dental implant surgery
- oral infections
- benign pathology such as cystic lesions of the jaws
- orthognathic surgery (misaligned jaws)
- craniofacial disorders
- facial injuries.
Some surgical procedures can be offered as day surgery. Your doctor will let you know whether this option is appropriate for you.
Recovery from surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery may affect your ability to chew, swallow or speak. We provide access to a wide range of specialists including dietitians and speech pathologists to aid your recovery. We’re committed to helping you return to optimum health as quickly as possible.
Our oral surgery services can assist and benefit you in a number of ways:
- all your oral care surgery needs
- investment in the latest technology and training
- a patient-centred approach to diagnosis and treatment
- a holistic approach including coordinating with your general practitioner (GP) and other treating doctors.
To access our services, you need a referral from your specialist, dentist or GP.
You may be interested in
Where we provide this service...