Bendat Horizon House Geraldton provides stability and support for young people aged 16 to 22 years old to help them set and achieve their goals and independence.
We accept referrals from a wide range of sources including but not limited to family members, family friends, schools, teachers, general practitioners, social workers, youth workers, community support groups and emergency accommodation providers.
To be eligible for the St John of God Horizon House program, you must satisfy the following criteria to ensure we are able to provide the support required:
- homeless or at serious risk of homelessness
- aged 16 to 22 years old
- willing to work towards receiving a wage or obtaining Centrelink payments
- willing to contribute towards their share of rent and utilities
- willing to participate in daily activities as agreed in their individual support plan for example school, work (voluntary), courses and counselling
- prepared to abide by the no smoking rule
- no current significant issues with alcohol and/or substance abuse.
All St John of God Horizon House residents must be willing to work with us to obtain urgent ambulance cover.
Contact information (during office hours only)
For further information and referrals, please contact our Team Leader:
Tel: (08) 9964 3042
Mobile: 0447 275 494
Email: [email protected]
Crisis accommodation and after hours assistance
We do not provide short-term, crisis accommodation.
If you require crisis services, please call Crisis Care. They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Tel: (08) 9223 1111