Horizon House Geraldton | Yamatji land
Watch the video below for a virtual tour of Horizon House, Geraldton.
Horizon House Geraldton supports young people aged 16-22 who are facing homelessness or who don’t have a safe and stable place to live long term.
More than a roof over your head, our team will work with you to understand who you are, what you want to do and where you want to be. Then, together, we’ll develop the skills and access the support you need to look after yourself and move on.
House features and local amenities
- $115 weekly rent - includes groceries and utility bills
- private furnished bedrooms
- large backyard with outdoor BBQ
- Geraldton Senior High School only two kms away
- Central Regional TAFE, Geraldton Campus and Geraldton Universities Centre all within two kms
- five minute walk to public transport
- community gardens and local parks nearby
- close to IGA and Northgate Shopping Centre.
What does life look like inside the house?
At Horizon House Geraldton, we provide you with a safe and supportive environment to develop the skills and access the support you need to look after yourself and live independently.
The house is a judgement-free space. We share the cooking and cleaning and host regular group activities to help you get to know your housemates (e.g. games nights, foreshore bike rides, walks along the river and shared BBQ dinners). We also invite you to celebrate birthdays and Christmas as a group.
There are regular house meetings to ensure everyone feels comfortable in the house and is across what’s coming up.
Watch this video to find out more.
We can help you if you are:
- aged 16-22
- homeless or at risk of homelessness
- engaged, or committed to engaging within eight weeks of entry, in a daily activity program such as education, employment or other skills development
- young mums, must be engaged in a program as above, due to give birth within eight weeks or currently parenting
- have capacity to engage with Support Coordinator and Youth Residential Caregivers to work towards personal goals and build independent living skills.
- be in receipt of a Centrelink allowance or other wage payment to contribute towards subsidised rent
- not have engaged in significant substance misuse for at least three months
- identified as low risk for aggression, suicidality or self-harm.
All St John of God Horizon House residents must be willing to work with us to obtain urgent ambulance cover.
Interested in applying?
Please click on the button below for more information on our applications process and to download an application/referral form.
Contact information (during office hours only)
For further information and referrals, please contact our Support Co-ordinator:
Tel: 08 9964 3042
Mobile: 0447 275 494
Email: [email protected]
Crisis accommodation and after hours assistance
We do not provide short-term, crisis accommodation.
If you require crisis services, please call Crisis Care. They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Tel: 08 9223 1111
You may be interested in