- Our services
- Private maternity services
Private maternity services
Not all pregnancies are the same. That is why at St John of God Geelong Hospital we provide maternity services that give you the support and care you need to welcome your baby into the world.
To find out more please call 03 5226 1304 or make an enquiry.
At St John of God Geelong Hospital we give you, your baby and your family the support and care you need and expect.
- Midwives and nurses who are qualified and highly experienced to help you learn the skills and provide the information you need to care for your newborn baby, including breastfeeding and lactation support.
- Room service is now available to our maternity patients and partner or support person when staying overnight in the maternity ward.
- Parent education opportunities to help you know what to expect during pregnancy, birth and into the early stages of parenting.
- Free community-based mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services for you and your partner.
- Access and referrals to additional support including paediatric consultants, physiotherapists, child health nurses, and parenting support.
Your choice of private obstetrician
Choosing your own private obstetrician means you are guaranteed continuity of care. You will have the same obstetrician who provides a dedicated maternity care experience throughout pregnancy, labour and postnatally at their private consulting rooms.
It is important that you have confidence in your chosen obstetrician and that you feel comfortable to raise any concerns and discuss your preferences surrounding your pregnancy and delivery.
Your obstetrician attends the birth and provides follow up care during your stay at St John of God Geelong Hospital as well as postnatal follow ups appointments in their consulting rooms.
During your pregnancy, typically you see your chosen obstetrician:
- monthly, until approximately 28 weeks
- every two weeks, until 36 weeks; and then
- weekly, until the birth of your baby.
Your private health insurance will fund the majority of your costs. Out-of-pocket costs will depend on your obstetrician. You can call obstetrician rooms for an outline their costs.
Ask your GP for a referral to one of our leading obstetricians or fill in the form below for more information.
Submit an enquiry:
You may be interested in