- For medical professionals
- For general practitioners
For general practitioners
Find a specialist
You can refer your patients to any specialist who works at our hospital. Search our accredited specialists.
Our GP CPD education sessions provide general practitioners with the latest information to help them care for their patients. These sessions also help you meet your professional development requirements and provide you with CPD points towards this. We welcome you to attend our next GP CPD education session.
GP support services
The hospital has a dedicated caregiver who is responsible for making sure the local community has information and access to the comprehensive range of services at St John of God Geelong Hospital and can assist with:
- optimising communication of information relating to services and referral processes for GPs and their patients
- facilitating information transfers between the hospital, accredited visiting specialists and general practice
- GP education
- personalised onsite consultation service with GPs to provide one-on-one updates on the hospital, visiting specialists and services
- provide a reliable conduit for receiving feedback on areas for improvement.
Rapid Access Endoscopy Service
Rapid Access Endoscopy is available through the St John of God Rapid Access Endoscopy Service.
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service. To refer your patient, complete and fax the Rapid Access referral to the fax number below.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results. Please be advised of the updated Rapid Access Referral Guidelines.
Referral enquiries: 03 5215 0999
Referral fax: 03 5226 1391
We are happy to answer any of your queries relating to the above, and are available to visit your surgery if you would like to discuss anything about the hospital, its services or facilities.
Annette Bongiorno, GP Liaison Officer
Email: [email protected]