- For patients and visitors
- Visitor information
We understand how important visitors are for the wellbeing of our patients and we warmly welcome all visitors.
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions
- A maximum of one visitor per patient per day
- Visit limited to two hours per day
- Visiting hours between 3.00pm and 8.00pm (please speak to the relevant nurse unit manager to discuss any other arrangements)
- Exceptions may apply for patients who are children, those receiving end of life care, patients who have a disability that requires carer support.
- Maternity and intensive care patients may only have one designated visitor for the duration of their stay
All visitors can expect to be screened on entry and cannot visit if they:
- have travelled within 14 days of the planned visit;
- have recently come into contact with a person who has a confirmed case of coronavirus;
- are feeling unwell.
While some COVID-19 restrictions are being gradually eased in our community, we are maintaining our precautionary measures to help keep our patients safe and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for your support of this.
Please read our latest advice about what to do if you have an upcoming admission or want to visit someone in hospital.
If you are seeking assistance, or testing for coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit your nearest COVID-19 clinic; or contact your GP.
You can also call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
Access to the hospital
Access to the front reception of the main hospital is on Myers Street.
Onsite parking is available in our underground car park at $2.00 per hour.
Street parking is also available on Myers Street, Little Myers Street, Gheringhap Street and Moorabool Street. Please check the signs for parking fees.
Visitors in rooms
Our patient rest period is between 1.00pm to 3.00pm.
You are very welcome to visit your loved ones during visiting hours.
We request that you plan your visits around meal and rest times, to help our patients with their recovery.
Please make sure children are supervised at all times.
Medical and surgical units
10.00am to 1.00pm
3.00pm to 8.00pm
3.00pm to 5.00pm
6.30pm to 8.00pm
Partners are able to visit at any time and may stay overnight.
Please talk to your nursing caregiver for more information as there are fees charged for overnight boarding that may not be covered by your health fund.
Intensive care unit
9.00am to 1.00pm
3.00pm to 8.00pm
Cafe and Gift Shop
Our Cafe is located on the ground floor and offers a wide range of fresh foods and barista coffee.
We also have a Gift Shop run by the hospital Auxiliary offering a wide range of merchandise.
Patient and Family Support
Our hospital's pastoral services team is available to anyone who would like to receive emotional or spiritual support.
We view this as part of our commitment to you and your loved one's health and wellbeing.
We are inclusive of all cultural, religious and spiritual orientations. Find out more about our pastoral services.
Staying in touch with loved ones isn’t limited to visiting hours with our free hospital WiFi. Both patients and visitors can enjoy internet access.
To access the hospital WiFi:
- connect to the “Guest” wireless network
- enter your details and accept terms and conditions
- click the “Hotspot Login” button.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority.
St John of God Geelong Hospital is smoke-free zone and smoking is not permitted in any building, outdoor area or vehicle within the boundary of our site.
You may be interested in