During your pregnancy
Due to state safety restrictions, information on this page may be subject to change. Please see our COVID-19 information for the latest details and how you may be affected.
We support you during your pregnancy to help build your knowledge and confidence in what is ahead.
Support throughout your pregnancy
Registered patients are welcome to contact our maternity unit with pregnancy-related concerns or questions they might have.
A registered midwife will assess your situation and refer you to the most appropriate service.
For example, they might:
- invite you in to the maternity unit for a further check or to begin your labour
- recommend you present to an emergency department for specialised medical care
- advise you to liaise with your obstetrician or GP.
Please contact us if you:
- have any concerns related to your pregnancy
- think you are in labour
- are experiencing any blood loss from your vaginal area or a rupture of membranes (‘waters breaking’)
- have a severe headache and/or visual disturbances such as blurred vision
- experience intense abdominal pain
- notice change in pattern, frequency and strength of baby movements.
Interested in parent education?
Visit our parent education page to find out more.
You may be interested in