Our maternity services
Not all pregnancies are the same. That is why we offer two different maternity options to give you the support and care you need to welcome your baby into the world.
Our most popular and well-known maternity service offers you care personally led by your chosen obstetrician during pregnancy, birth and beyond, including:
- obstetrician-led care
- birth and support at St John of God Geelong Hospital
- access to all the little things that make your experience special
- option to stay at the Rydges after you have given birth to enjoy a little bit of luxury as you bond with your newborn.
We are now offering you more choice and access to private maternity care through our new $990 Bundle (limited availability), including:
- a shared care approach from our obstetricians and midwives
- antenatal care and birth at St John of God Geelong Hospital
- a great alternative to public maternity care if your pregnancy is low-risk and you have private health insurance including maternity cover.
Key maternity services
No matter which maternity option you choose, at St John of God Geelong Hospital we give you, your baby and your family the support and care you need and expect.
- Midwives and nurses who are qualified and highly experienced to help you learn the skills and provide the information you need to care for your newborn baby, including breastfeeding and lactation support.
- Parent education opportunities to help you know what to expect during pregnancy, birth and into the early stages of parenting.
- Free community-based mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services for you and your partner.
- Access and referrals to additional support including paediatric consultants, physiotherapists, child health nurses, and parenting support.
You may be interested in