Our maternity services
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions
As a part of our coronavirus (COVID-19) management plans and advice from authorities, we are undertaking a number of precautions to help keep people within our hospitals and facilities safe from harm.
We ask that our patients have only one visitor at a time, and have a maximum of two visits per day throughout their stay, and that no other visitors, access our hospital during this time.
Thank you in advance for your support of this.
Maternity tours and parent education
Maternity tours and in person parent education classes have been cancelled to minimise visitors and large gatherings at our hospitals to help keep our patients safe.
New maternity education hub for parents to be
St John of God Geelong Hospital is pleased to launch and offer maternity patients access to a new digital online learning hub, Nourish.
Nourish offers accurate and reliable antenatal and postpartum education and support parents need, while keeping them and their baby safe at this time and beyond.
If you have a question about our maternity services, please contact us.
Please read our latest advice about what to do if you have an upcoming admission or want to visit someone in hospital before coming to our hospital.
Not all pregnancies are the same. That is why we offer two different maternity options to give you the support and care you need to welcome your baby into the world.
Our most popular and well-known maternity service offers you care personally led by your chosen obstetrician during pregnancy, birth and beyond, including:
- obstetrician-led care
- birth and support at St John of God Geelong Hospital
- access to all the little things that make your experience special
- option to stay at the Rydges after you have given birth to enjoy a little bit of luxury as you bond with your newborn.
We are now offering you more choice and access to private maternity care through our new low cost Bundle (limited availability), including:
- a shared care approach from our obstetricians and midwives
- antenatal care and birth at St John of God Geelong Hospital
- a great alternative to public maternity care if your pregnancy is low-risk and you have private health insurance including maternity cover.
Key maternity services
No matter which maternity option you choose, at St John of God Geelong Hospital we give you, your baby and your family the support and care you need and expect.
- Midwives and nurses who are qualified and highly experienced to help you learn the skills and provide the information you need to care for your newborn baby, including breastfeeding and lactation support.
- Parent education opportunities to help you know what to expect during pregnancy, birth and into the early stages of parenting.
- Free community-based mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services for you and your partner.
- Access and referrals to additional support including paediatric consultants, physiotherapists, child health nurses, and parenting support.
You may be interested in