Our Community Wellbeing Grants program aims to support local groups who do amazing work to improve the wellbeing of the community.
Grant amounts between $500 and $2,500 are available to not-for-profit groups serving the community in our catchment area.
To be eligible for funding, organisations will need to demonstrate how a project will contribute to the mental and/or physical wellbeing of our community. Priority will be given to projects that positively impact one or more of our key focus areas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- Youth or
- people living with a disability and their carers.
Projects (including an event, a program or service) must demonstrate how they meet an identified need of the community or how they build skills or knowledge within the community in relation to the aims listed above.
All applications are assessed against eligibility criteria and evaluated on their community impact.
Organisations can only apply for one grant in a single round of funding.
More about eligibilityThe following types of funding are outside the scope of the grants:
- Funding greater than $2,500
- Travel and tours
- Research funding
- Assistance with purchase of vehicles, land or buildings
- Major capital projects, such as building refurbishments
- Retrospective costs
- Everyday operating expenses
- religious, political or lobby purposes
- Fundraising projects
- Debt repayments
- Funding for individuals, including medical and study costs
- Grants to schools or councils, except for outreach programs (please contact us if you are considering to submitting such an application)
Conditions of funding
If you receive a grant, we may ask you to take part in some publicity, most likely when the funding has been used to purchase services or equipment.
Successful organisations need to provide feedback to show the grant has been spent appropriately. This evidence can be provided in many ways, which will be discussed in more detail if your application is successful, but might include a report, copies of receipts or photographs.
As part of your application, we will ask you to accept our full Terms of Grant.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed. Applications for the 2023 round of funding will open on 6 February 2023.
A panel of judges from departments across our hospital assess each application against set criteria. The panel considers the aims of the project, the number of people who will benefit and the wider community benefits.
Find out more
You may be interested in