St John of God Social Outreach works with a number of Governments and local healthcare providers to support them to build sustainable programs and capacity building of their healthcare workforces.
Supporting developing nations to gain the skills to sustainably build their country’s health systems and deliver high quality, compassionate care.
What we do:
St John of God International Health collaborates with local governments and healthcare providers to:
- Upskill healthcare workers at a pace that promotes sustainability
- Identify, articulate and meet agreed standards and goals
- Improve compassionate care through flexible and adaptable role modelling, using a coaching and mentoring approach
- Transform the experience for the people who access these services
We adopt the United Nations’ definition of capacity building:
The process through which individuals, organisations and societies obtain, strengthen and maintain the capabilities to set and achieve their own development objectives over time.
Where we work:
- Timor-Leste - Through our international health programs, St John of God Health Care is supporting the Timorese government to build healthcare capacity through sustainable, long term development programs.
- Kingdom of Tonga - Our longest standing international health project, the Tonga Twinning Program, started in 1992.
- Papua New Guinea - St John of God Social Outreach established, on behalf of the Brothers of St John of God, the first drop-in centre in the nation for people experiencing mental health issues, located in Madang.
If you have any questions, feedback or concerns regarding our international health programs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St John of God International Health is a service stream of St John of God Social Outreach, which forms part of St John of God Outreach Services (SJGOS), a wholly owned subsidiary St John of God Health Care (SJGHC) of which SJGHC is the sole member. All St John of God International Health programs operate under the SJGHC Governance and Stewardship structure and Governance Statement where the constitutions of both SJGHC and SJGOS can be accessed.
St John of God Health Care’s work in Timor-Leste is proudly supported by:
Latest news and events
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and events from St John of God Social Outreach international health
In 2020, St John of God Social Outreach was awarded full accreditation against the QIC Health and Community Services Standards, demonstrating our commitment to providing quality services that are best practice, driven by effective systems and processes that support our clients’ positive experience and achieving better outcomes for everyone we serve.
You may be interested in