- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Chronic pain management
- Diabetes education
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient programs
- Pain management
- Parkinson's disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
Parkinson’s disease affects movement, speech, memory and sleep and can have a significant impact on your life.
Parkinson’s disease affects more than just movement. Symptoms can include pain and depression and can progress over time. Our caregivers are highly experienced in caring for people with the disease and work closely with you to manage your symptoms.
Our Parkinson’s rehabilitation program provides a team of specialist health care professionals who will work alongside you and your family to develop a tailored health care plan to help you live a fulfilling and productive life.
We aim to:
- help you better manage your symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- improve your quality of life
- help you maintain your independence and wellbeing.
Our Parkinson’s disease rehabilitation services
Rehabilitation services we offer may include:
- flexibility, strengthening, amplitude training and stretching exercises to help you improve your balance and your ability to move around
- individual and group education and exercise programs for both you and your family and carers to help you better manage your health and wellbeing
- stress management and cognitive strategies to help combat anxiety and depression
- speech therapy to help you communicate more effectively and to help with any issues you may have swallowing
- strategies to help you maintain your independence, including self-care and different ways to go about household and community activities
- communication with relevant service providers and your doctor to make sure you receive ongoing care.
You may be interested in