- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Chronic pain management
- Diabetes education
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient programs
- Pain management
- Parkinson's program
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
Chronic pain management
Chronic pain is debilitating pain that lasts for three months or longer. It is often caused by arthritis, back pain or muscular or neurological pain.
Sometimes it can be hard to pinpoint the cause of pain and it can be frustrating not to have a clear diagnosis. We consider your physical and emotional wellbeing and work closely with you to develop rehabilitation plans which meet your needs.
We offer chronic pain management services and programs to help you best manage your health, wellbeing and pain.
Our chronic pain management services and programs
- assessing medications to manage pain and how well these work for you
- pain physiology education to develop an accurate understanding of acute and chronic pain, contributors to pain experience and effective management
- therapy to help you become more physically active, while considering things that may aggravate your pain and strategies to reduce these long term strategies to help you function and go about your daily
- activities, relaxation and distraction strategies that may help you manage your pain.
- improved physical strength and ability to move
- increased ability to better manage day to day activities
- improved relationships with family and friends and a better connection to the community.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary before and after care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.
You may be interested in