- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Chronic pain management
- Diabetes education
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient programs
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Parkinson's program
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
Neurological rehabilitation may help you recover after a stroke, a spinal cord or head injury, or if you have Parkinson’s disease, motor neuron disease or multiple sclerosis.
We provide specialised neurological rehabilitation services to help you and your family plan and prepare for your recovery and your ability to return home and live independently.
Our neurological rehabilitation services
Our neurological rehabilitation services and health care team may develop an individualised health care plan to help reduce your difficulty with memories, speech or swallowing or with regaining balance, mobility and flexibility.
This plan may include:
- assistance with daily activities such as eating, dressing, toileting, cooking and housekeeping
- speech therapy to help you speak, swallow, read and write
- therapy for stress, anxiety and depression
- activities to help get you moving such as muscle control when you are walking and balance
- group or individual education programs to help you learn about falls prevention, managing medications, relaxation and fatigue management
- help for you and your family to find support groups in your community
- ongoing reviews by your health care team to help you manage and treat your symptoms.
You may be interested in