- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Chronic pain management
- Diabetes education
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient programs
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Parkinson's program
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
Rehabilitation can greatly improve your quality of life after a stroke.
We offer rehabilitation as soon as possible to offer you the best chance of recovery. We involve you and your carers in setting goals and develop individual rehabilitation plans to help you meet these milestones.
Our stroke rehabilitation services
The aim of stroke rehabilitation is to help you get your independence back, while preparing you for daily life when you return home or to your community. We use the principles of neuroplasticity to assist in brain re-training, to help you reach your full potential.
We work with you and your family and carers to set goals for your recovery.
Your rehabilitation plan may include:
- physiotherapy to help improve your strength, movement and flexibility
- occupational therapy to teach you different ways to go about your daily activities like showering, dressing and personal hygiene
- speech therapy to strengthen your voice and improve the way you communicate, or if you are having trouble chewing or swallowing
- a social worker to look at your support networks and to link you to community support services which can help you once you are home.
Rehabilitation after a stroke is a partnership between you, your family and your health care team and should include your GP once you return home.
You may be interested in