- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Chronic pain management
- Diabetes education
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient programs
- Pain management
- Parkinson's disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
If you have a chronic lung condition such as emphysema, chronic asthma or pulmonary fibrosis, you may benefit from our pulmonary rehabilitation program.
Our health care specialists work with you and your family and carers to develop a personalised plan that combines education and exercise to help you manage your condition.
We provide ongoing care to identify your rehabilitation goals and develop strategies to help you achieve your aims and get you back to living a full and active life.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program
The best way to manage your lung condition is to be in the best health possible.
Your health care plan may include:
- an assessment before you start your program so we can measure your improvement and progress
- a personalised exercise program to help you walk further with less shortness of breath
- information on how to manage your medication and your health
- education and support to help you understand the benefits of exercise, healthy diet and ways to manage your stress and anxiety
- links to community support services.
The benefits to you may include:
- improved fitness and ability to exercise for longer
- greater ability to function with day-to-day activities
- improved quality of life as you are able to do more
- improved knowledge about your lung condition and strategies to help you better manage your health.
You may be interested in