- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Chronic pain management
- Diabetes education
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient programs
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Parkinson's service
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
We take a patient-focused approach to our rehabilitation programs, making sure your health care plan fits with your health needs.
This may include linking you to an occupational therapist.
Benefits of occupational therapy in rehabilitation
There are many benefits of having occupational therapy as part of your rehabilitation plan.
Your occupational therapist will:
- discuss your recovery goals and what you need to do to achieve these
- build your understanding of managing your own health and develop a plan on how you can do this, including looking at self-care activities that are part of day-to-day life, managing household tasks and returning to those activities that are meaningful to you.
The occupational therapist may help you consider different ways of doing everyday activities better suited to you during your recovery, including:
- working with you to promote good habits and new skills to make it easier for you to go about your daily activities
- working in partnership with your health care team to help you reach your recovery goals. You may receive a home visit from your occupational therapist.
This allows them to carry out an assessment to make sure your home is safe for you. They may make recommendations regarding environmental modifications and recommend equipment that enables you to be more independent.
Occupational therapy at St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation Hospital
Our experienced clinicians provide professional assessment and care for you and support your family and carers. On top of this we offer:
- fully equipped, dedicated occupational therapy gym and kitchen
- accredited driver assessors
- access to a range of other allied health professionals to support your ongoing needs as part of a multidisciplinary team approach.
Our occupational therapists are available for private appointments. You can make an appointment without a referral.
Complete our enquiry form or call (03) 9788 3333 for an appointment.
Patients may be referred directly to us using our referral form:
You may be interested in