St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital, formerly known as Mercy Hospital, became part of the St John of God Health Care group in May 2014.
Since then, the hospital has continued to proudly serve its community. An investment of $17 million has resulted in significant upgrades and refurbishments to make sure patients and their families can enjoy a contemporary facility.
We build on the proud history of the hospital, which had its beginnings as St Anne’s Nursing Home opening on 10 April 1937.
Established by the Sisters of Mercy in the historic Killowen House – one of Perth’s grandest mansions – it was the first Sister of Mercy Hospital in Western Australia.
The first baby was delivered on 17 July 1937, following the introduction of a maternity service, a specialty for which the hospital has become well known.
The hospital changed its name to Mercy Hospital in 1996 as part of celebrations commemorating the arrival of the Sisters of Mercy in Western Australia.