- For patients and visitors
- Visitor information
Due to state safety restrictions, information on this page may be subject to change. Please see our COVID-19 information for the latest details and how you may be affected.
- Normal visiting hours are between 8am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm.
- Maternity visiting hours are between 3pm to 8pm.
- Patient rest period is between 1pm and 3pm. This gives our patients an opportunity to rest and recover with the lights dimmed and less activity on the wards.
Please be aware of current Visitor Restrictions.
Staying in touch with loved ones isn’t limited to visiting hours with our hospital WiFi. Both patients and visitors can enjoy free internet access.
To access the hospital WiFi:
- connect to the “Guest” wireless network
- enter your details and accept terms and conditions
- click the “Hotspot Login” button.
Hospital meals and nutrition are an integral part of a patient’s recovery and visitors are welcome to dine with patients.
Our menus are full of fresh, seasonal and nutritious meals offering a wide selection of choice. Please notify us of any special dietary requirements
Access to the hospital
Access to the front reception of the main hospital is on Thirlmere Road, Mt Lawley.
If you are a patient or a visitor, one of our friendly volunteers or front reception caregivers will be able to direct you to where you need to go.
Specialist appointments are held in Killowen House (best accessed from the main hospital entrance) or the Medical Centre (best accessed from Ellesmere Road).
Please see Getting here and parking for more information.
Patient and visitor feedback
Your feedback is important and helps us to continually improve our patient care and recognise when we are doing things well. You can provide feedback by:
- talking to one of the nursing caregivers, or the nurse unit manager
- complete a patient comment card – these should be available by your bedside
- email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your contact details so that we can get in contact with you.
Your health and well-being is our priority.
St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital is a smoke-free zone. Smoking is not permitted in any building, outdoor area or vehicle within the boundary of our site.
Please support us to keep our hospital a smoke-free zone.
You may be interested in