- Our services
- Medical and surgical
Ophthalmology covers all aspects of eye care, including eye tests and screening for eye diseases, medical treatment, laser treatment, complex microsurgery and research.
Having good vision can help you lead an independent and fulfilling life. We address your concerns and our caregivers are available to answer any questions you may have about your treatment expectations.
We deliver excellent, patient-centred care and offer a range of treatment options to ensure you have the best quality of life possible.
Our ophthalmology services
Our range of ophthalmology services are designed to treat eye conditions and improve vision.
Our ophthalmologists diagnose and treat disorders and diseases affecting the eye, eye socket and eyelids, and their functions. Many of our ophthalmologists also have a sub-specialty, such as cataracts, glaucoma or retinal conditions and are involved in the latest technological advances and scientific research.
Some of the conditions our ophthalmology services can help you with are:
- medical retina
- diabetic eye disease
- macular degeneration
- retinal vein occlusion
- macula oedema
- surgical retina
- macula and retinal hole
- retinal detachment
- epiretinal membrane
- eyelids and orbits
- drooping eyelids and excess skin on eyelids
- eyelid cancers
- blocked tear ducts
- medical treatments of infections
- surgical treatments including pterygium surgery and corneal transplants
- inflammatory eye disease /uveitis.
Benefits of our ophthalmology services
We offer a range of benefits to you and your family, including:
- patient-centred medical care offered by highly experienced specialists
- a holistic approach that takes into account your medical and non-medical needs
- immediate care for patients with urgent, sight-threatening problems
- access to the latest diagnostic tools and treatments.
Learn more at our patient information seminars
Our free patient information seminars are run by top specialists and cover a range of topics. They are designed to help community members better understand the treatment options, procedures and services on offer at St John of God Murdoch Hospital.
You may be interested in...