- Community and social outreach
Community and social outreach
We are committed to reaching out to those who are most vulnerable in the community and believe that the healthiest society is one in which every member is valued and respected.Our hospital returns all profits to the communities we serve by:
- updating and expanding technology and facilities, such as our current redevelopment program
- expanding existing services and acquiring new services
- providing social outreach services to people experiencing disadvantage to improve their health and wellbeing.
Horizon House provides accommodation, stability and support for young people at risk of homelessness, aged 16 to 22 years old, to help set and achieve their goals and independence.
Raphael Services provides specialist services to mums, dads and families who are experiencing anxiety, depression and other mental health issues during pregnancy and following childbirth (the perinatal period).
They can be accessed from the time you become pregnant until your child is four years old.
Our community initiatives go hand-in-hand with our social outreach program to deliver services to those in need in our community and include:
- fundraising for local groups and charities - through raffles, gold coin donations and special events
- reconciliation – implementing our Reconciliation Action Plan, developing partnerships with Aboriginal organisations and supporting the local community
- disability access and inclusion – creating a service that is accessible and inclusive for patients, caregivers, volunteers and visitors
- community meals – providing food and volunteers to run meal programs across the community.
For more information
Please contact us for more information about any of our social outreach or community services:
Tel: (03) 5434 3434