During your pregnancy
We are here to support you and provide the information you need to know about what to expect in the weeks and months ahead when you are planning a pregnancy or in the early stage of pregnancy.
Our services during your pregnancy include maternity ward tours, parent education classes and a simple on My Admission booking process.
Maternity ward tours
Our free maternity ward tours give you and your partner an inside look at what to expect when you come to hospital. Our experienced midwives show you through our facilities and answer any questions you may have about our maternity care.
Tours are hosted every Saturday and Sunday at 2.30pm and run for about 30 minutes.
Bookings are not required. Meet in the level one lounge, near the lift.
Our parent education classes give you all the information you need at whatever stage of your pregnancy. Our classes include:
- Preparation for parenthood - ideal if you are planning a pregnancy or are in the early stages of pregnancy
- Preparation for childbirth - a four-week course to prepare you for your new baby, we recommend this class for first-time parents
- Fast-track program - an alternative to the four-week course, hosted as a one-day workshop
- Refresher class - a short refresher class if you already have children
- Breastfeeding and settling class - a dedicated class, ideal if you are concerned about breastfeeding.
All classes can be booked online through My Admission.
Booking your hospital admission
If you have chosen to give birth at St John of God Murdoch Hospital, you are able to book your hospital admission online through My Admission.
Through My Admission you can provide all relevant medical history as well as your hospital stay preferences and book and pay for your parent education classes.
Telephone support for maternity questions or concerns
When you choose to give birth at St John of God Murdoch Hospital, you can call our maternity unit and speak to a midwife who can answer any pregnancy-related questions or concerns you may have.
We ask you to call us if you:
- have any concerns about your pregnancy
- think you are in labour
- experience any blood loss from your vaginal area or your waters break
- have a severe headache or blurred vision
- experience intense abdominal pain
- noticed any reduced baby movements.
Tel: (08) 9438 9700.
Want to find out more?
You may be interested in