- Working with us
They give their time, expertise, skills and experience to help us provide our patients with the best possible care.
All volunteering on our campus is undertaken with the St John of God Health Care values in mind to enhance the experience of our patients, their families and their friends.
Our volunteer caregiver program invites community members to participate in various roles across the hospital that are advertised here when available.
Essential volunteer requirements
To be considered for a volunteer caregiver role, you must:
- have excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of people and interact with empathy, patience and understanding
- regard yourself as a people person who is interested and approachable in assisting and supporting a range of people from the community
- be over 18 years of age
- have a friendly, helpful and mature disposition and have a general positive attitude to contribute to a patient’s sense of wellbeing and the experience of their family and friends
- understand the concept of professional boundaries when engaging with patients and their families
- understand the importance of confidentiality and privacy
- have the time to commit to a volunteering role with ongoing reliable attendance for a minimum period of 12 months
- be prepared to attend an information and interview session
- be willing to undertake and complete an orientation session and induction into the role
- be able and willing to undertake and complete a certificate standard, an on-line short generic healthcare related training module. This is to be completed in your own time and has an annual refresher requirement. Medium computer skills are required.
- be prepared to undergo certain personal checks (e.g. 100 point Identification check; National Police check) and sign adherence to hospital policies and procedures
- understand and support the Mission and Values of St John of God Hospital Murdoch
- be non-judgemental and open to the diversity of people from differing spiritual and religious beliefs, ideas, cultures, religions, philosophies, attitudes and expectations that you may come in contact with while a volunteer caregiver.
To progress your interest, further please forward your EOI to St John of God Hospital Murdoch, Volunteer Resources by email at Murdoch.Volunteers@sjog.org.au
After consideration, a response will be provided to those indicating interest via email. If regarded as suitable, a Position Description/Duty Statement applicable to the role will be forwarded to you & an application form. After considering the information & commitment, you may then choose to progress your interest by completing the application form & forwarding to Murdoch Hospital.