- For medical professionals
- For junior doctors
For junior doctors
A career as a junior doctor at St John of God Murdoch Hospital is filled with exciting opportunities to experience a wide range on rotations, in Perth's southern suburbs.
Resident Medical Officer (RMO) rotations
Murdoch is a large busy private hospital with a private emergency department, tertiary palliative care services, active cancer centre and a range of medical and surgical specialties. With an ED on site we have a highly complex and varied case-load ensuring a breadth of exposure and educational opportunities.
RMO rotations are available at St John of God Murdoch Hospital in the following specialty areas:
Cardiology and Coronary Care Unit
Upper GI Surgery
Emergency medicine (through St John of God Midland Public Hospital)
Obstetrics and Gyneacology (through St John of God Midland Public Hospital)
Term choice and education can be tailored to you career stream with rotations to support critical care, medical, surgical and general practice career plans. Flexible options are also available for those seeking a range of experiences before deciding their career path. All rotations required to complete general registration are available.
Basic physician training
We have an established reputation in developing Basic Physician Trainees, as a long-term secondment site for Fiona Stanley Hospital. Leading Perth physicians will provide one on one supervision across ICU and a range of medical specialties.
Murdoch also offers both advanced trainee and service registrar positions. Opportunities are available for career progression towards acute medical registrar, and coronary care registrar roles. Surgical service registrar positions rotate from Fiona Stanley Hospital. We also have sought after advanced emergency trainee and palliative care trainee registrar roles.
Research, education and professional development
- Research and audit opportunities available to senior RMOs and registrars, as well as exposure to patients participating in clinical trials and research in oncology and cardiology
- MURTEC is Murdoch’s State-of-the-art comprehensive clinical training facility with dedicated training staff and immersive simulation training labs.
- Thrice weekly protected teaching time with lectures provided by experts in their field
- Journal clubs and specialty specific tutorials
- Professional development is supported and assistance tailored to the needs of each RMO
- One-on-one direct consultant supervision
- Brand new spacious junior medical officer (JMO) lounge
- Opportunities for part time and flexible work arrangements
- Positive work environment – where culture really matters
- Rostering for a comfortable work life balance
- Supported annual and professional development leave
We are always interested in hearing from aspiring doctors, please feel free to forward on your CV or expression of interest to: MU-Medical-Services@sjog.org.au