- For patients and visitors
- Pastoral services
- Murdoch helpline
- Getting here and parking
- Room service menu
- Benefits of private health care
- Visitor information
- My Admission
- Pay my bill
- Patient information seminars
- Pastoral services
- Patient FAQs
- Rights and responsibilities
- Information for boarders
- Veterans' affairs
- Quality of care
- Contact us
Our professional pastoral services caregivers are an integral part of the multidisciplinary healthcare team, complementing and contributing to the overall person centred care provided to patients, residents and their families.
Our pastoral services caregivers provide a free service and are available to you regardless of your culture, faith and spiritual belief, including if you have no faith.
We listen with respect to your stories, are sensitive to the vulnerability of each person and foster your own resources of hope, courage, faith, trust and love.
Our pastoral services caregivers endeavour to:
- create a safe, trusting environment that enables you and your family to share your experiences and assist you to find and establish your own personal meaning
- assist you and your family to adjust and cope with being in hospital, illness, diagnosis, mental health issues, injury and disability
- advocate on your behalf for your ethical, spiritual, cultural and religious needs and concerns
- provide support and counselling when there is grief and loss which may include end of life care, sudden death, miscarriage and stillbirth, and terminal illness
- help you access religious rites, blessings, prayer, sacramental ministry and spiritual support/resources, including access Chapel and/or reflective space in our facility
- provide a comprehensive bereavement support service
- support you and your family if a transition to aged care facility is necessary
- on your request, facilitate visits from faith community representatives including from a priest, imam, rabbi or monk.
You or your family can request pastoral services or one of our caregivers may assist you in making a referral to our pastoral practitioners. This service is free.
You may be interested in