Our maternity services
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions
As a part of our coronavirus (COVID-19) management plans and advice from authorities, we are undertaking a number of precautions to help keep people within our hospitals and facilities safe from harm.
We ask that our patients have only one designated visitor for the duration of their stay, and that no other visitors, access our hospital during this time.
If you are the designated visitor and you are feeling at all unwell, please reconsider your visit to help protect the more vulnerable in our facilities.
This decision has been made in the best interests of you, your family, all our patients and caregivers.
Thank you in advance for your support of this.
Maternity tours and parent education classes
Maternity tours and parent education classes have been cancelled to minimise visitors and large gatherings at our hospitals to help keep our patients safe.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you have a question about our maternity services, please contact us.
Please read our latest advice about what to do if you have an upcoming admission or want to visit someone in hospital before coming to our hospital.
You'll receive professional and friendly support in modern spacious facilities to make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible.
Key maternity services
- Qualified, highly dedicated midwives and nurses - helping you gain the skills and knowledge you need to confidently care for your new baby.
- Parent education classes across a range of topics - covering your pregnancy, baby’s birth, and beyond, as you transition into early parenthood.
- Breastfeeding and lactation support services - including breastfeeding education classes and specialist lactation consultants.
- Mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services – offering free support to parents and families affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the first few years following childbirth.
- Access and referrals to a range of other support services – such as paediatric consultants, neonatal unit, physiotherapists, child health nurses, GP liaison, psychological and parenting support services.
See our maternity ward and birthing suits with our virtual tour.
Room serviceParents having their baby at Murdoch from mid-year will be amongst the first to enjoy our new Hospital-wide room service offering.
You may be interested in