Our maternity services
Due to state safety restrictions, information on this page may be subject to change. Please see our COVID-19 information for the latest details and how you may be affected.
Our maternity services offer expert medical care for you and your new baby, giving you the peace of mind that you are both in exceptional care.
You'll receive professional and friendly support in modern spacious facilities to make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible.
Key maternity services
- Qualified, highly dedicated midwives and nurses - helping you gain the skills and knowledge you need to confidently care for your new baby.
- Parent education classes across a range of topics - covering your pregnancy, baby’s birth, and beyond, as you transition into early parenthood.
- Breastfeeding and lactation support services - including breastfeeding education classes and specialist lactation consultants.
- Mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services – offering free support to parents and families affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the first few years following childbirth.
- Access and referrals to a range of other support services – such as paediatric consultants, neonatal unit, physiotherapists, child health nurses, GP liaison, psychological and parenting support services.
Ward tours are offered on Saturdays and Sundays in small groups. Book now, numbers are limited.
You can also take a virtual tour of the Birth Suite and Ward.
We are pleased to provide online and face-to-face parent education classes. These classes are available to parents booked in to have their baby at St John of God Murdoch Hospital. Bookings are made once you have completed your online admission.
Classes are delivered either on-site in our auditorium or provided by our online platform, Webex, which is a safe, stable online platform used by our St Mary's maternity ward midwives. All classes cover signs of labour, progress of labour, birth (vaginal and CS) and the immediate postnatal period.
Two breastfeeding classes, as well as an Early Pregnancy class are also available.
Our antenatal information can to help prepare you for labour, birth and early parenthood. View our range of resources exclusively for our maternity patients to help support your pregnancy journey and beyond.
Tiny Tots First Aid
Learn how to protect your new baby with this concise short course, teaching you first responder skills for a range of infant and toddler related illnesses and injuries. Presented by St John Ambulance.
This program is available for patients who are booked in to give birth at St John of God Murdoch Hospital.
Room service available to our maternity patients and partner or support person when staying in out maternity ward.
We are the first hospital in WA to introduce an all-day, on-demand food service across the entire hospital and best of all, its all included in your hospital fee.
We know how important food is during your stay with us and making you feel well. And being able to order what you want, when you want is a huge part of helping you on the road to recovery.
You may be interested in