- Community and social outreach
Community and social outreach
At St John of God Langmore Centre, we foster and develop community relationships to give back to the communities we serve.
As a not-for-profit hospital, we reinvest our profits into three core areas of support:
- new hospital services and technologies
- social outreach activities within our community
- International health.
St John of God Raphael Services is our flagship community outreach service, funded by the hospital.
We offer specialist perinatal mental health support to families in Casey and Cardinia – the only service of its kind in Melbourne's south-east corridor.
Raphael Services provides:
- individual and group therapy programs to promote recovery from antenatal and postnatal mood disorders to help prevent long term difficulties
- early detection, intervention and support for families at their most vulnerable
- information and education for new parents.
Parents may access the service during pregnancy or in the two years following the birth of their baby.
Families can self-refer or seek a referral from a GP or Specialist.