- Our services
- Medical and surgical
For some people coming to a hospice as a patient or to visit a loved one can be a confronting experience physically, spiritually and mentally. Our hospice provides a home-like environment where you and your loved ones can spend valuable time together and maximise your quality of life.
By providing compassionate, holistic care we ensure your dignity is maintained throughout your journey, right to the end.
Our hospice services
Our comfortable, purpose-built hospice provides inpatient accommodation in ensuite single rooms. Patients with a life-limiting condition may be admitted to a hospice for:
- relief of symptoms such as pain, nausea or breathlessness
- end-of-life care.
Your length of stay will depend on your clinical needs. Many patients return to home-based care within a short time frame. We foster this by maintaining strong links with community palliative care services, allowing for a smooth transition from hospice to home.
Our hospices may include the following features:
- comfortable well-equipped, private ensuite accommodation
- indoor communal spaces and garden access
- a dedicated family area with fully-equipped kitchen, relaxing lounge and children's play area
- barbecue facilities
- multi-faith chapel
- open access to families 24 hours a day.
You may be referred to one of our hospices by your general practitioner (GP) or specialist, or another palliative care service.
Our hospice benefits
Our hospices offer a range of benefits to patients, families and carers including:
- a holistic approach to palliative care that addresses the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and their families
- needs-based inpatient care in a nurturing, home-like environment
- a focus on maintaining the best possible quality of life, through effective management of symptoms
- strong ties with community palliative care services to ensure a smooth transition into and out of hospice care
- family and carer access to pastoral caregivers, psychologists and counsellors, including bereavement counsellors.
You may be interested in