Clinical psychology provides assessment and treatment of mental illnesses, abnormal behaviour and psychiatric problems.
You may be referred to our clinical psychologists for short or long term care for a mental health condition such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, substance abuse or post-traumatic stress disorders.
- Assessment and treatment when you are in hospital as well as planning your ongoing care when you are discharged.
- Clinical services and treatment to improve your functioning, coping skills and outcomes. This may include cognitive behavioural therapy, behaviour therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy and mindfulness.
- Information about community support services and referrals.
- Diagnostic testing to help diagnose your mental health issues and develop appropriate rehabilitation plans.
- A multidisciplinary team approach to support your overall wellbeing and care.
Our clinical psychology services are available within the Rehabilitation and Aged Care services, Mental Health Unit, and Stroke Unit. Clinical psychology support can also be accessed via referral from other hospital wards as required.