- Our services
- Our maternity services
Our maternity services
Every baby’s birth is unique - our caregivers are here to support you and your doctor to meet your personal birthing and care needs.
Maternity options available
If you are a new mum and considering your options, the following outlines maternity services at St John of God Midland Public Hospital:
- We provide a public maternity service for patients that live in our catchment area. The service includes your own patient room and access to a range of services.
- We offer shared care arrangements for maternity patients with some local general practitioners, to assist with continuity of care. Find out more.
- We do not provide a private maternity service. Our nearby sister hospital St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital provides high quality private maternity service. Find out more.
Find out the latest on our maternity services and visitor restrictions.
Our maternity services can offer you
- Expert medical care for you and your new baby – to give you peace of mind that you are both receiving exceptional care
- Professional friendly care in modern spacious facilities - to make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible
- Qualified, highly dedicated midwives and nurses – to help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to confidently care for your new baby
Additional services include
- Parent education classes - across a range of topics covering your pregnancy, baby’s birth and beyond, as you transition into early parenthood.
- Breastfeeding and lactation support services - includes breastfeeding education classes and specialist lactation consultants. Home-visit support is also available.
- Mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services – offering free support to parents and families affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the first few years following childbirth.
- Access and referrals to a range of other support services – such as paediatric consultants, neonatal unit, physiotherapists, child health nurses, GP liaison, psychological and parenting support services.
Please note: children are not permitted to be in the birthing suites at any time.
To find out more about coming to the hospital for maternity care and where our services are located within the hospital, view this video.
Visitor information and restrictions
Due to COVID-19, visitor restrictions apply for the Birth Suite and Maternity Unit. Find out more..
You may be interested in