Our maternity services
Every baby’s birth is unique - our caregivers are here to support you and your doctor to meet your personal birthing and care needs.
Changes in our maternity service due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
To assist with the management of COVID-19 and ensure the safety of patients and staff, we have made the following changes to our maternity service:
- Antenatal and postnatal appointments are now a mixture of phone and face to face reviews.
- The visiting midwifery service is now being provided by either phone and face to face appointments.
- Patients can only have one designated visitor, and no other visitors can access our hospital during this time. This also applies to only having one support person in the Birth Suite.
- Visiting hours are now between 10am to 12pm and 5pm to 7pm each day (note: your designated visitor cannot visit if feeling unwell of diagnosed as COVID positive).
- Maternity tours, parent education and hydrotherapy classes have been cancelled.
We have good safety measures and precautions in place and all procedures and screening processes are strictly followed to ensure patient and caregiver safety.
Our birthing suite and patient rooms have and will continue to undergo a rigorous cleaning and sanitation schedule.
If you have a question about our maternity services, please contact us.
Our maternity and neonatal facilities are some of the finest in the country.
Our maternity services can offer you
- Expert medical care for you and your new baby – to give you peace of mind that you are both receiving exceptional care
- Professional friendly care in modern spacious facilities - to make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible
- Qualified, highly dedicated midwives and nurses – to help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to confidently care for your new baby
Additional services include
- Parent education classes - across a range of topics covering your pregnancy, baby’s birth and beyond, as you transition into early parenthood.
- Breastfeeding and lactation support services - includes breastfeeding education classes and specialist lactation consultants. Home-visit support is also available.
- Mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services – offering free support to parents and families affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the first few years following childbirth.
- Access and referrals to a range of other support services – such as paediatric consultants, neonatal unit, physiotherapists, child health nurses, GP liaison, psychological and parenting support services.
To find out more about coming to the hospital for maternity care and where our services are located within the hospital, view this video.
You may be interested in