Our maternity services
Every baby’s birth is unique - our caregivers are here to support you and your doctor to meet your personal birthing and care needs.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
Our maternity and neonatal facilities are some of the finest in the country.
Our maternity services can offer you
- Expert medical care for you and your new baby – to give you peace of mind that you are both receiving exceptional care
- Professional friendly care in modern spacious facilities - to make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible
- Qualified, highly dedicated midwives and nurses – to help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to confidently care for your new baby
Additional services include
- Parent education classes - across a range of topics covering your pregnancy, baby’s birth and beyond, as you transition into early parenthood.
- Breastfeeding and lactation support services - includes breastfeeding education classes and specialist lactation consultants. Home-visit support is also available.
- Mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services – offering free support to parents and families affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the first few years following childbirth.
- Access and referrals to a range of other support services – such as paediatric consultants, neonatal unit, physiotherapists, child health nurses, GP liaison, psychological and parenting support services.
Please note: children are not permitted to be in the birthing suites at any time.
To find out more about coming to the hospital for maternity care and where our services are located within the hospital, view this video.
You may be interested in