During your pregnancy
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
We can support you during your pregnancy to help build your knowledge and confidence in what’s ahead.
Services we offer for maternity patients booked at the hospital include parent education classes, maternity unit tours, booking-in clinics and telephone support.
Parent education classes
We offer comprehensive parent education - covering many aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
These relaxed, informal classes hosted by experienced midwives offer you a safe environment to learn, share and ask questions.
Please contact the Maternity Unit for details on the parent education program on 9462 4558.
Telephone support on maternity questions/concerns
You are welcome to contact our Maternity Unit with pregnancy-related concerns or questions they might have.
A registered midwife will assess your situation and refer you to the most appropriate service.
For example, they might:
- suggest you attend the hospital for a further check or to begin your labour
- recommend you present to an emergency department for specialised medical care
- advise you to liaise with your obstetrician or GP.
Please contact us if you:
- have any concerns related to your pregnancy
- think you are in labour
- are experiencing any blood loss from your vaginal area or a rupture of membranes (‘waters breaking’)
- have a severe headache and/or visual disturbances such as blurred vision
- experience intense abdominal pain
- notice reduced baby movements.
To get in contact with our Maternity Unit, please call 9462 4558.
To find out more about coming to the hospital for maternity care and where our services are located within the hospital, view this video.
You may be interested in