We offer a range of evidence-based treatments for bipolar disorder that can help you live a full and balanced life, while learning to manage the highs and lows of your condition.
Our bipolar program
Our holistic approach to treatment supports your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Our programs are based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and are tailored to meet your needs.
Topics explored in our bipolar programs include:
- understanding and managing bipolar disorder
- identifying your signs and symptoms of mania, hypomania or depression
- challenging and managing negative and other unhelpful thoughts
- stress reduction – through mindfulness or other activities.
Our programs are delivered by qualified psychologists and allied health therapists who work closely with psychiatrists, other psychologists, nurses and allied health professionals. You may participate in group programs with other patients, or one-on-one sessions with a psychologist or psychiatrist.
Our inpatient program can help you with the acute symptoms of your condition while our outpatient program focuses on recovery and relapse prevention. Your general practitioner or psychiatrist will refer you to the program that best suits your needs.
We also offer electroconvulsive therapy for bipolar disorder. These programs are offered to inpatients as part of a wider treatment plan.
Benefits of bipolar treatment
Treatment has benefits for many people. It can allow you to gain better control of your mood swings and other symptoms and can provide support, education, and guidance for you and your family or support network.
Other benefits include:
- learning about your own triggers for mania, hypomania, or depression
- developing an understanding of your own signs or symptoms of mania, hypomania or depression
- learning new skills and techniques to help control and manage bipolar disorder
- reducing distress and worry regarding your mood states.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require your full participation. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether our care is suitable for you.
Interested in our treatment programs?
Please complete the form and we will contact you during regular office hours (9.00am to 5.00pm Sydney time). If you require urgent help please call Lifeline: 13 11 14
You may be interested in