Counselling and Therapy Centre
The Counselling and Therapy Centre (CTC) at St John of God Richmond Hospital provides treatment for a range of mental health issues, helping you return to an active, healthy and rewarding life.
Our programs are delivered by a team of expert allied health professionals who work collaboratively with you, your family/carer, your consultant psychiatrist and other service providers to maximise your treatment outcome.
Our current day programs include:
- Anxiety (CBT)
- Depression (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Intro to DBT
- Drug & Alcohol Outpatient Support
- Interactional Group Therapy
- Issues of Ageing (Quality of Life)
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy
- Outpatient Support
- Recognising and preventing Relapse
- Relapse Prevention – Addictions
- Schema-focussed Therapy
- Self-Esteem (acceptance and commitment therapy - ACT)
- Trauma Recovery Program (adult trauma/PTSD)
- Anxiety in PTSD
On the day of your visit
When you arrive as a day patient or outpatient at the Counselling and Therapy Centre, you will need to sign in at Counselling and Therapy Centre reception and complete the necessary paperwork before being directed to your group therapy session.
You need a referral from a general practitioner (GP) or psychiatrist to access our day patient and outpatient programs.
These programs may be accessed on discharge from an inpatient admission or directly from the community via a referral.
Use our find a doctor function to see a list of doctors credentialed to practice at our hospital.
Our Counselling and Therapy Centre is located within the grounds of the hospital.