Frequently asked questions
St John of God Richmond Hospital, at 177 Grose Vale Road North Richmond, has been part of the Hawkesbury community since 1952. The hospital had its last major upgrade more than 30 years ago.
To maintain the high quality of care and service delivery that St John of God Health Care is known for, and to provide facilities that are contemporary and meet the needs of our clients, caregivers, clinicians and the community, a redevelopment of Richmond campus is underway.
The redevelopment project new residence works are scheduled for completion by the mid-2023 and the refurbishment works mid-2024.
The Richmond Redevelopment Project is an investment of $64.7m and includes:
- the construction of new clinical and support facilities including 112 single bedrooms, dining room & café
- relocation of the Counselling & Therapy Centre and Medical Centre to new
- refurbished spaces
- new Wellness Centre (indoor heated pool, gym, yoga room)
- new Chapel
- increased landscaped garden areas
- upgraded retained facilities to contemporary best-practice standards
- additional 92 parking spaces
- restoring Belmont House to a position of prominence on the site
Delivery and removal of materials at the site will be undertaken in a controlled manner and in accordance with legislation, standards and regulations which apply to construction logistics and handling of demolition materials. The majority of spoil will be retained on site decreasing construction traffic.
St John of God Richmond Hospital and contractors will put in place a number of measures to ensure minimum, or no disruption to the surrounding area whilst demolition work is carried out. Security fencing and signage will be in place to ensure public safety
In accordance with SSD Conditions of Consent and best practice, a Construction Environmental Management Plan will be implemented to ensure that the redevelopment is undertaken in an environmentally responsible way.
Measures will include:
- Safe and responsible removal of all building materials
- Rubble will be hosed down to minimise dust during demolition
- Waste Recycling Management Plan will be adopted to maximize re-use and recycling where possible
Trees and the landscape will have minimal disturbance during the redevelopment other than in the construction zone. The number and location of trees to be removed has been agreed under the DA and all trees being removed as a result of the construction work will be replaced. A significant outcome of the redevelopment however, is that St John of God Richmond Hospital has planned and designed more and larger landscaped areas than are currently in place.
Monday to Friday 7.00am to 6.00pm
Saturday 7.30am to 1.00pm
The project team transforming the St John of God Richmond Hospital comprises:
- Richard Crookes Construction - Builders
- Johnstaff Projects Pty Ltd - Project Manager
- Silver Thomas Hanley - Architect
- Donald Cant Watts Corke - Quantity Surveyor
The first phase of the project will require us to undertake some demolition of existing buildings to prepare for the new construction, this will commence in June 2022. The indicative dates for the main construction activity key milestones are outlined in table 1:
You may be interested in...