- Anger management
- Art therapy
- Gambling addiction
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug and alcohol addictions
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Mood disorders
- Mother and Baby Unit
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Perinatal mental health
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Psychotic disorders
- Schema therapy
- Sensory and writing groups
- Social support groups
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation - rTMS
- Community and youth
Support for mums and families
Perinatal depression and anxiety, often referred to as postnatal depression, can begin during pregnancy, immediately after birth, or in the weeks or months after childbirth.
If you are pregnant or you have recently welcomed a baby and you're struggling to adjust, you're not alone.
We're here to support your health and wellbeing so you can enjoy family life.
Our services that support new mums and families
Support for new mums, dads and families is offered by our Raphael Services. These specialist services are available to mothers, fathers and other carers who experience anxiety, depression and other mental health issues during pregnancy and following childbirth (the perinatal period).
When your partner is suffering from perinatal depression or anxiety, you are twice as likely to experience some symptoms yourself.
Perinatal depression and anxiety can affect anyone and it is important to seek help as soon as you can. These conditions are treatable, and the earlier you start treatment, the sooner you can start to feel better.
Your general practitioner (GP) can refer you to a specialist support service such as our Raphael Services.
In the event of a crisis, contact your closest emergency department or call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Other support services
You can also access support through:
- PANDA (Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia) Tel: 1300 726 306
- beyondblue Tel: 1300 224 636
- People caring for a partner with a mental illness can access support services through Carers Australia Tel: 1800 242 636.
You may be interested in