- For patients and visitors
- Visitor information
Due to state safety restrictions, information on this page may be subject to change. Please see our COVID-19 information for the latest details and how you may be affected.
Please refer to our latest COVID-19 information.
Getting here and parking
We have paid onsite parking accessible by the Drummond Street North entrance. There are two bus stops located on Drummond Street North. Ballarat train station is 1.2km away.
More information can be found on our getting here and parking page.
Staying in touch with loved ones isn’t limited to visiting hours with our hospital WiFi. Both patients and visitors can enjoy free internet access.
To access the hospital WiFi:
- connect to the “Guest” wireless network
- enter your details and accept terms and conditions
- click the “Hotspot Login” button.
Cafe and gift shop
A cafe is located on the ground floor and offers a variety of fresh foods and barista coffee. We also have a gift shop run by the hospital Auxiliary that offers a wide variety of local and imported merchandise.
For more information please visit our facilities page.
Accommodation for relatives
Short term accommodation is available at Rotary House on the hospital grounds and boarders can stay overnight if the patient is staying in a single/private room.
Our hospital is a smoke free campus. Smoking is not permitted in any building, outdoor area or vehicle within the boundary of our site.
Respect, dignity and consideration
As a visitor to our hospital there are some rights and responsibilities that are expected of you and of us.
You have a right to:
- Be treated with respect a dignity
- Have your choices recognised and respected
You have a responsibility to:
- Treat caregivers, patients, volunteers and visitors with respect and dignity
- Recognise and respect the role and dignity of our caregivers and their right to a safe and pleasant environment
- Understand that aggressive, violent or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated
Telehealth offers the ability to access care from the home, work or other private space without the need for a face-to-face appointment.
St John of God Health Care uses both phone and video call to connect you to your healthcare providers.
You may be interested in