Frequently Asked Questions
There are a number of components in the planned redevelopment.
Within the existing Medical Services Building works include:
- Upgraded Central Sterilising Department
- Relocated Pathology
- Upgraded Cath Lab
- New theatre amenities and support spaces including recovery
Within the new tower located on Drummond street:
- 30-bed Inpatient Ward
- 10-bed Intensive Care / Critical Care Unit
- Four theatres
- Support spaces for the above
- Future Proofing for an additional two theatres and five ICU/CCU beds
- Future Proofing for additional levels in Stage 2 and 3
Read more information about our parking and hospital entry arrangements.
The hospital has undergone extensive planning to ensure that all services will continue with no disruptions during the staged redevelopment.
Through working with all of our caregivers, medical practitioners and visitors to the hospital via regular communication and progress updates, all of the stakeholders will be kept well informed.
You may be interested in...