Community mental health
Care is provided in a community setting, outside of a hospital, to help you address your mental health issues or challenges you face in your everyday life.
You may seek out our services to address a specific issue such as addiction or perinatal depression or for care for your ongoing mental health.
You can access some of our services by self-referral, for others you will need a referral from your general practitioner (GP) or other health practitioner.
Our community mental health services
Our community mental health services can be accessed through:
- Midland Head to Health –
- a free, walk-in community mental health service in Perth’s east, open 10.00am to 8.00pm every day of the year
- Mental Wellbeing Services – specialised, community-based mental health treatment and support for people aged 16 and older in regional Victoria and the southern suburbs of Perth, Western Australia.
- Raphael Services – specialist mental health care for mums, dads and families affected by perinatal anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses in Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.
- Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Network (DAWN) – support to help you reduce or stop substance use by providing care and support at home.
- South West Community Alcohol and Drug Service – community drug and alcohol service operating across the southwest of WA, based in Bunbury.